Sunday, August 7, 2011

I cannot tell a lie. I blogged.

OK, OK. It's a long time coming. I'm finally doing this, thanks to a great friend who turned me on to this. (We all have good friends, but the great one's are few.) Let's hope I am as exciting as I think I am.

So, I feel the need to introduce myself. Like open mic night. Or AA. I'm BonVivantInExile. Not really, but there are days when I miss life in the city (Three of them to be exact. Manhattan, Boston and San Francisco). Maybe I really miss my 20's and 30's, but it all blends together, so we're good. I've come full circle. Born is a small town, escaped the bright lights and big cities.....and circled back to a small town. City, actually. Over 50,000 people compared to my 4,000 hometown population. Along the way I acquired a great wardrobe, life lessons I will never forget, life experiences I never imagined, the love (and betrayal) of friends and a little slice of heaven called home. My version of home comes with my lovable husband and dogs. For those of you clicking back to my profile because you're thinking "I thought this was a guy??", you are correct. And I did say husband. Yup, I'm a Mo. But don't tell my husband. He doesn't know.

I like to think of my blog as an episode of Family Guy. I expect flashbacks, annoying laughs, a dog with a martini (OK, the dog is me) and a variety of situations that will make you laugh and feel better about your own life, all at the same time. That's not to say I have a bad life that will make yours seem so much more tolerable. I don't. It's all what you put into it and how you deal with this dramedy called LIFE.

How do I deal with it? I laugh. A lot. A LOT. At myself mostly. But also at the world around me. Hell, if I don't I'm going to cry, right? Aging parents, upside down economy, loss of personal "wealth", getting older, being on a budget, trying to lose weight, balancing my small businesses, watching my mother in law's mind slip away, and so on...

Where was I? Oh yes, laughing. My friends help with that. I have some funny people in my life. People I love and know will always have something fun to do, say or discuss. Today's subject was phones that auto correct your texts and posts. My example...I was waiting to pick up someone from an incoming flight. It was delayed, so my hubby and I stopped at a swank bar to have a drink and wait. I'm a Facebook whore, so I posted what we were doing. "Having a little drinky poo at "said swanky location" before heading to the airport".  Auto correct does not like "drinky poo" (which is a great line from "The Women", if you saw the original). It changes it to....wait for it....stinky poo. So all my Facebook friends got to read I stopped for a stinky poo before going to the airport. I laughed so hard I cried. As did the entire bar, because I HAD to share it. And that's how I roll.

There's my first blog. That was kind of fun! I have more adventures and thoughts to share. But for now, it's off to bed, where my last thought for the day is always the same. I kiss my dogs good night, I kiss my husband good night, and then turn the light off with a final thought as I smile.

Wow...this is my life. Tell me again, HOW did I get here?

1 comment:

  1. I love being a part of your life and couldn't be happier that your adventures led you to me (okay, all of us but me, in particular). Love you and can't wait for more updates.

    ReplyDelete